Nu är det bara två veckor till dess att Sabaton Open Air 2015 drar igång! Hög tid att passa på att känna Sonata Arcticas keyboardist Henrik Klingenberg på pulsen lite och för enkelhetens skull gör vi det på engelska.
You’ve had a really busy 2015 this far, with a lot of shows – do you have any highlights/special moments to share with us?
– Actually last weekend we played in Olavinlinna here in Finland and that was really special since we played at a castle on an island. Other than that there has been a lot of great moments on this tour…too hard to just pick a few. We’ve been having a great time.
And then the touring madness starts again next year? Will it be as intense as this year? And do you have time/plans for a new album?
– No, I don’t think the touring will be as intense since we’re starting to work on our next album in January 2016, we only take a 7 week break from that to go on the road with Nightwish in the USA & Canada…then it’s back to the studio. We’ll do some festivals and in the fall of 2016 it’s ON again with another World Tour.
Sonata Arctica is one of the most wished for bands for the Sabaton Open Air. Any thoughts on why?
– I have no idea but of course that’s a really nice thing to hear! =) We haven’t played in Sweden in a while so maybe that has something to do with it…
How do you want the audience to feel after your show in Falun?
– Hopefully they get what they came for. As always it’s very hard to please everybody since we have a whole bunch of albums out, so making the setlist is always a pain in the ass. Be that as it may, I’m sure we’ll come up with a great show and see a lot of smiling faces afterwards…after all, that’s what it’s all about!!
Finally – the best festival show you have seen? What band/festival/year?
– OMG, there’s been a ton of great shows…if I’d have to pick one it would be Iron Maiden, at the Eddie in the East festival in Tokyo back in the spring of 2004. We took a break from recording the Reckoning Night album and flew over to play with them and naturally stayed to watch them rock Japan…it was really amazing.
Sonata Arctica spelar lördag 15 augusti kl. 20.15. (Om det inte blir några ändringar)